Monday, November 3, 2008

Pat and Ian



This is Pat and Ian. Pat is a master yarn spinner who has been kind enough to teach my girlfriend how to spin. Ian is a farmer from way back in the day who has been kind enough to do fix it jobs on my girlfriends spinning wheel whenever it has been needed. These two are directly responsible for me being up to my eyeballs in fleece. So as a thank you I sketched these. they're a little on the soft side but these are traditional farming people who aren't expecting this so I wasn't about to try and push the features. Just kept it nice and cartoony. I do need to buy some different colour pencils though. Blue is the new Red according to Wall E.

6 comments:

Richard Watts said...

Great sketches, you have both the likeness and caricature, keep posting.
By a weird coincidence I was offered a job in Oamaru, just north of Dunedin today,(where I see you come from), as I am thinking about migrating to N.Z. Any thoughts on the location?

Hacksaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hacksaw said...

Love your sketches. They're fun interpretations and they put a smile on my face. Which is in my humble opinion, what caricaturing is all about.

Jamie Linfoot said...

There are a lot of good places to live in this country. Depends what you are looking for lifestyle wise. Oamaru is a nice wee town with emphasis on the 'wee'. I could live there if it was vocationally viable. Other good places, Dunedin, Wellington, Nelson. I try to avoid Christchurch and Auckland.

Richard Watts said...

Thanks for the feedback Jamie, I guess we'd live in Oamaru or anywhere down to or including Dunedin if the job goes ahead.
I visited Auckland last year- nice to visit but not to live.

Tim Bye said...

Great sketches - nice style!