Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sketches for The Weekly Standard!




This was another quick turnaround for The Weekly Standard. The a.d. liked the look of "The Office" sketches I've done lately and thought that look would be cool for this article. Also since I only had one day to do three small illustrations, my more "sketchy" style made it possible to finish in such a short time. I started yesterday morning and finished last night. Even though I did these in a looser style compared to what I normally do, it took me a bit longer than I thought it would. I ended up spending too much time on this first one, leaving me little time to finish the other two.





This one was done in about half the time of the first one.






This last one was done in about an hour and a half . . .
















The following pictures are just a few that I had taken of myself for some quick reference for folds and expression.




1 comment:

Richard Watts said...

Fantastic,You'd make a great animator!