Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama Sketch

Yesterday was a milestone in history, not just for America but for the whole world. To see a dream realised, which would have been absolutely inconceivable 40 years ago, shows us that anything is possible in this world.

I started this as a sketch, but as I was feeling inspired, I worked on it a bit more and I'm really happy with the result, I might even paint it eventually! I haven't done any political caricatures before, mainly because I mostly like to draw people who I admire in some way, and I find most politicians quite loathesome. But for me, Barack Obama is a symbol of hope, and the limitless potential in all of us. Maybe the world is coming to its senses...

Dan


Barack Obama caricature

5 comments:

SEILER said...

Very nice Obama, one of the better ones I've seen!

Lyle Doucette said...

Great work! You should finish it.

Briana Hopkins said...

It is fantastic the way it is. congrats

100below said...

Unfortunately, pretty much everybody I know hates him, I have no idea why, they don't really have a clue what they're talking about.

100below said...

I used this for a sketch for my art class, I hope you don't mind. I just turned 15 and I want to go into a graphics related field.
http://100below.webs.com/Drawing024.jpg